Thursday, September 9, 2010

Student Survey

This is the first of my Google Docs assignments. This student survey is an assignment that I start the year with to get to know the students as we start the year. I have in the past used a paper questionnaire that the students fill out that I file and keep for the year. I feel that having this database in an electronic form is far easier to keep track of as well as use. Having the information in one spreadsheet is important because it eliminates sorting through 30 student's papers looking for an individual student. As user friendly as this form is, there is one drawback being that it does not allow for the creation of a spreadsheet/table to document the student's daily schedule. This has been the only downside I have seen throughout the process though so I will continue to explore the numerous functions for Google Docs.

Survey

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eric,
    I like your Google Doc survey to get to know the students. I think this is a great "first day of school" activity and works well with the older students. I'm sure the results would help you form some of your lessons to the interest of your class! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete